Guru Sahib showed us the path of "Miri and Piri", which symbolizes that worshiping God and Power are Equally important in order to stand for Humanity. My Uncle (Mamaji) is an Elected member of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee. I saw him working hard for people who kept faith in him. I saw him fighting for their rights and at a very young age, I made him my role model. The way he used to give personal attention and the way he used to connect with people is what made me attracted towards politics because he has always been on the good side of politics.
Early Steps in to Politics
Initially, I was not too keen on it. Later, when I saw the real world, I realized that one should work for people, and humanity. This is what has been taught by Guru Sahib. My uncle guided me to this path. After working in Humanitarian interest with him. I was tilted to be the General Secretary of Delhi State for the Youth Wing of Shiromani Akali Dal, an ally to BJP, currently ruling the country.
Movement in Youth Politics -
it was my first duty to emphasize on Youth of the Sikh Community. I was
introduced to S. Jaspreet S (Vicky Maan). He was a senior but had always guided
me like an elder brother. With his and Mamaji’s help, we took a lot of steps
and participated in noble causes to motivate the youth. Some of them are:
1. Organized Kirtan Samagam's: Kirtan is believed to be the purest form of
music, because it cures us internally. So, we organized kirtans to remind them
of our regional Heritage, and the need to carry forward it to the new
2. Organized Turban Competition (Male and female both): Turban is Considered to be the the Sign of Pride and Honor. We Joined hands with Local Gurdwaras and Organized Turban Competition which involved Prizes and International
Turban Coaches to Give the Youth a good Boost.
3. Contribution in Blood Donation: When Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee called for Blood Donation, we went out to Colleges and streets and raised awareness about it, and motivated them to participate. Which turned out to be very fruitful as Youth Showed up in Large number.
4. Celebrating Lohri Dheeyan di as a Initiative Towards Women Empowerment: Joined hands with Local Gurdwaras to Celebrate Lohri for Daughters and renamed it " Lohri Dheeyan di" to create awareness of the importance of girl child and to raise voice against female Feticide.
5. Screening of Religious Movies on Ground Level: Organized the Screening of Movies like Chaar Sahibzaade in Local Gurdwaras to Make them aware of the History of Sikhism.
6. Donation Drives organized in the memory of Chaar Sahibzaade : In winters, special Donation drives were planned to provide woolen clothes and blankets to people living on roadsides.
7. Empasizing on Punjabi Learning: It is very Important for us to keep our roots alive and help our next generations to stay connected with them. That is why we appealed to parents to teach Punjabi to their kids, and offered help too, that is, teaching through social media.
Taking the right stands -
1. Protest against the murder of S. Gurpreet Singh: A Sikh boy who raised his voice against public abuse was beaten to death in Delhi. A massive protest took place at ITO police headquarters, where a large number of people showed up in support.
2. Raising Voice against Hookah: Supported the Initiative taken by Ex-MLA and President of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee S. Manjinder Singh Sirsa ji to ban Hookah, wherein we organized a mass gathering at
Taking the right stands -
Connaught Place to ban hookah, especially for minors.
3. Father and Son beaten by Police at Mukherjee Nagar: In 2019, a Sikh boy and his father were beaten mercilessly by Cops at Mukherjee Nagar. We met him in hospital and made sure he received proper treatment. We raised our voice to ensure proper action was taken; resulting , the cops were suspended the same night.
4. Stood for Communal Hatred in Pakistan: After the news of forceful conversions of Sikhs in Pakistan got viral (one Jagjeet Kaur was kidnapped and forcefully converted), we protested outside the Pakistan Embassy and supported the initiative taken by DSGMC to stand for our fellow members living in Pakistan.
5. Ban on Abhishek Bachchan Starrer Manmarziyaan Movie: In this movie, Abhishek Bachchan and director Anurag Kashyap hurt Sikh sentiments by badly portraying a Sikh's character. We protested to ban it’s screening, and it was stopped from screening in various multiplexes.
Contribution in Politics -
As directed by Party high command:I’ve been a part of the Delhi Legislative Elections as our party got 4 candidates representing the BJP Alliance. The MLA’s who won were S. Manjinder Singh Sirsa from Rajouri Garden, S. Harmeet Singh Kalka from Kalkaji and S. Jitender Singh Shunty from Shahdara constituency. I’ve also campaigned for Union Minister Bibi Harsimrat Kaur Badal in Parliament elections and she won the seat from Bathinda, Punjab. I’ve been a part of College politics too, and a helping hand of Student Organization of India (SOI), the student wing of the party.
To Work in the interest of Humanity. To take as much initiatives possible to keep the young generation connected with Sikh Roots and work together to grow it further.